Thursday, March 10, 2011

Who Dare Disturbs My SLUMBER!!!!




In retrospect this little experiment reminded me about that particular scene in the Wizard of Oz when the rumbling, roaring, entity floating in front of our heroes turns out to be a small bumbling man behind a curtain in front of a control board. In some ways the performer inside the stage at the soundboard, shaking the stage with his bare hands, is the man hiding behind the smoke and mirrors act. Unlike the giant green meanie however, I feel the stage really does have a personality - a head, a voice, a presence. So while it may not be productive to compare the two (because Oz turned out to be just an elaborate illusion) the larger than life feel of the wizard resonates with me. I can guarantee that I won't come out from inside and start handing out brains, hearts, or courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment